After a long winter, the first few days of warmer weather bring a glimpse spring. These early spring days are met with excitement and anticipation from everyone who lives in a northern climate.
But these previews of spring remind us that it is definitely time to do a little work on your home’s interior.
Here are a few Design Tips and Ideas for refreshing and updating you home in the Spring.
1. Do a thorough spring cleaning. Add a few tasks to the normal cleaning routine, Washing down baseboards, lighting fixtures, and windows. Professionally clean your area rugs. winter takes it’s toll on the inside of your house as well as the exterior. Doing a complete cleaning will make everything look great. Clean out closets and cabinets, you’ll feel great once everything is cleaned and re-organized.
2. Change out your throw pillows on you sofa or chairs. A new mix of colors and patterns, using vibrant spring colors can really add some energy to the room. These can easily be switched out, so don’t be afraid to try something new. Add a decorative throw to pull the look together.
3. Move your accessories around. As you might be doing a bit of spring cleaning, this is a great time to create some new accessory arrangements. Add a few new pieces or just move the pieces that you have into a new arrangement. Show off some collections that might be hidden away in cabinet, a grouping of colorful vases or glass can freshen up the space.
4. Update your living room room with a few pieces of new furniture and custom window treatments. The options are endless. This will be less costly than a complete renovation but will totally transform your space.
5. Add flowers or greenery. Fresh flowers and greenery are great to incorporate into your spring decor when you can, even a few well chosen faux florals can add a little long awaiting Spring color to your room.
6. Organize your mudroom or entry area. Winter boots and coats can be cleaned, stored and relocated. Update or clean the entry rug. Plan and create some much needed storage with bins or built in cabinetry, so that next winter you will have this area a bit more organized. Change out batteries in all smoke/carbon dioxide detects since they are often located in these areas.
7. Update the master bedroom. Change out the bedding or plan a complete bedroom re-design. With a quick design meeting, we can help you plan and implement this project quickly, creating a luxurious master bedroom. changing or updates your colors in this space can give your bedroom a completely different look.
8. Add a few new decorative lamps, or just change out those old lampshades. This is a great tip to freshen up any space. Replace any light bulbs that might need replacing.
9. Prepare for your next renovation project. Spring and summer is a great time for kitchen and bathroom renovation projects. The warmer months allow for some outdoor grilling and dining while that new kitchen is being constructed. Also, planning that bathroom renovation around you vacation might allow you to avoid some of the inconvenience and coming home to a nearly completed renovated bathroom might be a great way to end your vacation. Meet with design professionals now to start designing that new kitchen or bathroom space!
10. Don’t forget to decorate your front door. A fresh coat of paint a new front door wreath can remind you and your guests that Spring is here. Also, this a a great time to replace the welcome mat, try something fresh and colorful. Show your personality with your selection.