10 Ways To Cozy Up Your Home For Fall
The days are getting shorter, the kids have gone back to school, and there is a slight chill in the evening air. All signs of early Fall. Soon the landscape will be painted with broad strokes of Autumn color and before you know it we will start spending more time indoors as fall ushers in the cooler winter air.
This is a great time to start to cozy up your home. Here are a few tips to make your home a little more warm and welcoming:
Add a mix of textures.
• Change out the throw pillows by adding tactile soft textured pillows to your sofa or bed.
• Change out or layer area rugs. By adding area rugs you are able to soften up the look of your rooms. This also provides an additional layer of warmth on those cold evenings. Choose textured rich colored rugs to define and warm up the space.
• Change out your bedding. Add flannel or fleece sheets for extra warmth. Add a big fluffy down (or down alternative) comforter. This is a great time to upgrade or replace your bed pillows.
• Add a few cozy throw blankets to the living room or any area in your home where you might use them.
• Re-arrange the furniture or plan to makeover the living room with a new design. This is a great time to makeover the living space. The winter will bring holiday entertaining and you will most likely be spending more time indoors, so you will be sure to enjoy your new space.
It’s all about color.
• Add rich color. Rich vibrant color can surely warm up your home for the fall and winter season. A punch of color in fabric or accessories can add a cozy warm feel to your space and can help you transition your decor come holiday decorating time.
• Change out accessories. Move your existing home accessories around to freshen up your space. Add a few accesses that tie in any added color that you bring in with fabrics and area rugs.
• Switch out your window treatments. Transition into the cooler weather with heavier window treatments.
• Add scented candles for a little added ambiance.
Start thinking about your holiday decor (I have certainly started planning my own holiday decor as well as the holiday decor of some of my clients). The holidays will be here before you know it. Start thinking about your holiday decor now so you can have an idea of what you would like to do when the time arrives.
Until Next Time,
From The Blog
In the past few months, as we have watched the world change in many ways, we will also begin to see changes and evolutions in many industries. Those...
I have always loved creating different types of flower arrangements, whether it’s for an event, one of my design projects, a project photo session,...