10 Ways To Cozy Up Your Home For Fall
The days are getting shorter, the kids have gone back to school, and there is a slight chill in the evening air. All signs of early Fall. Soon the landscape will be painted with broad strokes of Autumn color and before you know it we will start spending more time indoors as fall ushers in the cooler winter air.
This is a great time to start to cozy up your home. Here are a few tips to make your home a little more warm and welcoming:
Add a mix of textures.
• Change out the throw pillows by adding tactile soft textured pillows to your sofa or bed.
• Change out or layer area rugs. By adding area rugs you are able to soften up the look of your rooms. This also provides an additional layer of warmth on those cold evenings. Choose textured rich colored rugs to define and warm up the space.
• Change out your bedding. Add flannel or fleece sheets for extra warmth. Add a big fluffy down (or down alternative) comforter. This is a great time to upgrade or replace your bed pillows.
• Add a few cozy throw blankets to the living room or any area in your home where you might use them.
• Re-arrange the furniture or plan to makeover the living room with a new design. This is a great time to makeover the living space. The winter will bring holiday entertaining and you will most likely be spending more time indoors, so you will be sure to enjoy your new space.
It’s all about color.
• Add rich color. Rich vibrant color can surely warm up your home for the fall and winter season. A punch of color in fabric or accessories can add a cozy warm feel to your space and can help you transition your decor come holiday decorating time.
• Change out accessories. Move your existing home accessories around to freshen up your space. Add a few accesses that tie in any added color that you bring in with fabrics and area rugs.
• Switch out your window treatments. Transition into the cooler weather with heavier window treatments.
• Add scented candles for a little added ambiance.
Start thinking about your holiday decor (I have certainly started planning my own holiday decor as well as the holiday decor of some of my clients). The holidays will be here before you know it. Start thinking about your holiday decor now so you can have an idea of what you would like to do when the time arrives.
Until Next Time,
From The Blog
Your home, it’s the place where your life happens. The good times, the bad times, the family gatherings, quiet times, celebrations with family and friends. Rest, relaxation, and sometimes healing. This is where it all happens. Your home can be a place that rejuvenates you and restores your energy, welcomes you with open arms at the end of a long day or a place that drains you and causes you anxiety.
Who Should You Hire First? Contractor Or Designer? Which comes first? We hear these questions a lot but often too late. Renovating can be a confusing process. Homeowners are often confused as to where to start. When homeowners are ready to begin a project, they often...
If you’ve never hired an interior designer for a design project, you might not know what to expect. How does the process work? Will your thoughts, ideas and tastes be considered? Will the designer just do what THEY like? Do You have to know what style or design...